Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Winter Break :(

Ok, I love, LOVE my kids to death!! However, they are on "winter break" right now. I mean, give me a break...they DON'T need MORE of a break. They haven't had a full week of school since before christmas. We've had so many snow days and half days it's ridiculous and because of that they are now going to school until June 27th I think (at least that's what my 14 yr old daughter told me the other day). I personally think they should just have canceled this "winter break" and went to school during it so they could get out of school at a decent time. I mean, really, it's going to be eating into our beach time!!

So, we don't have any official plans for this break. Last year we went to florida, and took Hailey to Disney for her first time. That was fun! This year, we are trying HARD to buy a house so the only vacation we'll be taking is our annual week long camping trip to Hermit Island in Maine. I had things planned for the week for Hailey and I to do, but the week is half over and we haven't done anything yet :( She was sick for a few days with that nasty stomach bug going around. Luckily no one else in the house got it (knock on wood). She's fine now, and actually at her very first "slumber party" right now...nothing could have kept her away from that! She was so sick though on Saturday...poor girl :(

My older kids are pretty much driving me crazy. They haven't done anything this vacation (which is very unheard of!). They are kind of just hanging out at home, which is nice, but they keep saying they are bored. Last time I checked, it wasn't my job to entertain them. That's what friends are for, right? We did play a heated gave of UNO last night though, that was pretty fun. (I won!). For some reason, my kids seem to forget that just because they are on vacation doesn't mean I am. I work at home (for my father's business) and I still need to work 6+ hours a day even if they are off from school. This time of year is so busy for me too. It's hard to work well and efficiently (sp?) when they are home. It's different in the summer because I'm not that busy and I only have maybe a couple hours of work to do a day. I can't wait for summer!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I'm with you! Lets skip April vacation. I'd much rather get it over with now. The beach time is VERY important!