Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I've had a nice break...

...but now it's about to start up again! We have three VERY active kids. Ever since they were all very little (kindergarten) they have all been involved with whatever seasonal sport is going on through the rec. dept.(plus some!). It's usually soccer in the fall, basketball in the winter, and baseball or in this case, tennis, in the spring. Sammy used to do Gymnastics all year, 5 days a week, 3 1/2 hours a day but she gave that up about 2 yrs ago. She was the TOP in the state both years at the state meets too :) (proud mommy!) Hailey also did gymanstics for a little while and was put on the team also at age 6, but it just wasn't her "thing". She liked it, but didn't LOVE it like sammy did. Horses are her thing now. Dylan used to do every sport imaginable, and he's quite good at all of them. I give credit to their father for their athletic genes. I rode horses and I was "good" at sports, but not like their father is!

So, this past winter I've been pretty lucky and I've had a little break. Sammy didn't do any winter sports (other than indoor soccer in Bow once a week), and Hailey did basketball but that was only once a week too. PLus, she did riding once a week. Dylan did do basketball this year though. As I'm typing it out now, it seems like that's an awful lot, lol. But really, that's pretty tame compared to what's usually going on here...hence the name of this blog...My CRAZY life.

There hasn't been much shuttling kids around this winter, which is great for my wallet (gas). However, it's all about ready to start up again. Tennis season is starting! Both of the twins will be trying tennis this year. I say "trying" because neither of them has ever picked up a tennis raquet in their lives I don't think. I applaud them both for trying something new! To just jump right in and join a school team that they have had no experience in takes guts. Although, it's the first year they even offer tennis so they tell me that no one has experience. This is also the first time since Kindergarten that they will be on a sports team together :) Hailey is going to do baseball and continue riding. I think baseball is a few days a week, riding is one day a week and the twins will have tennis every day. At least the twins will both be in the same place, at the same time so that saves me some driving!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Reading your post is enlightening me on my future! I feel busy with just one kid into stuff at school!

Jessalyn tried baseball last year (Cal Ripkin) but she was the only girl on her team so she really really didn't like it. She didn't want to play this year:(