Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The weather must be nice...!!


....because I haven't posted to my blog in a while! Oops. I haven't had much to write about lately anyway. It's been kind of quiet here. Well, I wouldn't say "quiet" just non-eventful (which is a good thing).

Since I'm pretty much laid-off my job for the summer (I do office work/customer service for my father) I had to go out and get a new job. Yuck! I don't mean to sound lazy, but I hate working. It's not so much the working part, it's the "Now I'm away from the family" part that I don't like. I am the taxi for the family and now that I'm not home (and my husband drives a two-seater truck) they are going to have to get used to finding other rides places. It's going to be quite the adjustment on everyone's part. Right now I'm only working 4 nights a week, but this summer it will be 7 nights a week. I've been "unemployed" for about 2 weeks now, so it's been quite the struggle here financially which is why we haven't done much other than "free" stuff like the park, hiking, etc. Hailey hasn't been riding in a couple weeks either because it's just too expensive when you are unemployed :(




So, now that I have the summer covered, I will need to find something to do starting this fall. It stinks. I have had the strong "urge" to start a career for a while now. Now that the kids are getting bigger I guess. It's just trying to figure out WHAT exactly I want to do! Hopefully it will come to me soon, since summer isn't very long.


Sometimes I feel like I never post about my two other kids, lol. Well they are teenagers, so I guess there's not much to post about with them. I probably see them about as much as I post about them on this blog. Just kidding!! They have their own things going on and I am involved in their everyday lives, I just don't get the opportunity to take pictures of them much. So, here they are....

This was this time last year, at Junior High Graduation. This is the most recent picture I have of them together. Sad.


This is the second most recent picture I have of them together. It was taken in Disney World, two Marches ago!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I totally understand that! The same thing happens here...you see mostly pics of the boys because Jessalyn is at school all the time! We understand!

I love that picture of Hailey!

If you ever need anything...let me know. Hailey can come here any day...I have room for one extra in my van! It would be very easy for me to pick her up from school and she can come hang out here any time you need it!