Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Back at it

Driving back and forth to gymanstics, that is. Sammy used to be on the gymanstics team at Lakes Region Gymnastics Academy. She started when she was 7, and quickly was invited to the team. She's a "natural" gymanst. She won the State Champion when she was 10 and 11, but quit the next year going into 7th grade. It's a huge commitment and she was finding that she couldn't and didn't want to go to the gym every day for 3 hrs a day, PLUS jr. high, PLUS friends.

Well, now, she has matured and realized that gymanstics is what truly makes her happy. She missed it so much, starting about a year ago. She started back last week, and let me just say that I didn't miss the drive!! It's in Belmont, which is about 40 minutes ONE WAY, from my house. She goes about 3-4 times a week so far...when she's not in soccer. She does soccer also, which is also every day. So far, she's handling this schedule very well. Here's a glimps of what I do every day for her:

2:30 - twins home from school on the bus
3:45 - drive sammy to soccer in meredith
4:00 - back home/ Hailey gets home off bus
(on Hailey's soccer days we all go to meredith at 3:45 )
5:15 - leave to pick sammy up at soccer
5:30 - leave soccer and drive to gym in Belmont
6:10 - arrive in belmont
6:10 - 8:00 - wait around Belmont/Laconia for sammy to be done with gymanstics
8:40 - get home from Belmont...eat dinner, put hailey to bed.

When soccer is over this is how it looks:

2:30 - twins off bus
4:00 - hailey off bus
4:20 - leave for gymanstics in belmont
5:00 - sammy arrives at gymanstics. We turn around and drive all the way back home.
5:40 - arrive home, cook dinner, eat and shower hailey
7:20 - leave to go get sammy in belmont
8:00 - arrive in belmont, get sammy and drive home again
8:40 - home for the night!!

Thank goodness she doesn't do any winter sports this year!! Although, dylan does :( Don't even ask me how I'm going to work that one out. Plus, Hailey has soccer twice a week now, rides on Friday afternoons, and will be doing basketball in the winter!

I have also decided to pursue my long-time desire to begin a career (like I can fit that in, right!!). I start real estate classes at the end of October and I'm really excited about it. It's only once a week, for 10 weeks, at night in Meredith. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness! I thought my schedule was bad!

Honestly though...I can help you with Hailey pretty much any day of the week. I am already at the school at 3...and going to soccer...

Anytime you are in a pinch just call..even if its 5 minutes of three!