Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I'm Baaaaccckkkk!!

Whew, it's been a busy summer!! I never really had time to sit down at the computer for more than a few minutes to check email, etc. It was good to be so busy (I don't do "nothing" very well) but it's great to now be able to do "nothing". Today was the first day back to school :) I'm going to try and get back to posting a few times a week, with whatever random thoughts I think of and of course pictures! During the summer, we went on our first family vacation in a LONG time. We go camping up in Maine, at Hermit Island every summer. It's so amazing there! The kids just love it!! We go with our neighbors (and lifetime family friends), their daughter (my friend Danielle) who has three boys hailey's age and isaiah's sister and family. We also allowed the twins to bring along friends this year. So, there was a total of 8 of us in one site. Each family has their own site, but we still are together all the time. On our site we had wo of us adults, plus 6 kids! It was so fun though. Of course I have pictures :)

This is us...driving down the highway. I'm sure many heads turned to look us crazy us :) We look like something out of "The Beverly Hillbillies".




This is the view from our campsite. We had an AMAZING site this year. On the very, very top of the island, on the cliffs.



Hailey, jumping off the rocks at high tide at Sandollar Beach.


Sammy (in the middle) with her two friends.

My two silly guys :)




The girls! Hailey and Dana, my niece in starfish cave. There are SO many starfish there!


Isaiah, Hailey and Anna (my sister in law) out on the cliffs. I was too scared to go.


This was the cliff they were on, that I dared not go!


Hailey and Isabelle. Hailey met her the first year we went (4 yrs ago) and they see each other at Hermit Island every year! My absolute favorite picture ever of Hailey!!

Not a very good picture of me at all, but this is Anna (my sister in law), Rose (my neighbor) and me. The night we came home, we went to our neighbors house and had Lobster! We had to come home a day early because of the rain so we made up for it by having a lobster feast.


This was us on the last night. We did exactly this every night. It was great!! Hailey on the beach. One of the few beach days we had.

And of course, I can't forget to post this hilarious video of Isaiah and Sammy having a handstand competition.








1 comment:

Kristin said...

Glad you're back! It seems like everyone had a crazy summer! This vacation looks like TONS of fun! I also love that picture of Hailey...and the handstand videos are hilarious. I'm impressed with both of them!