Thursday, April 24, 2008

Do I dare....?

...take my snow tires off yet! :) Seriously, I doubt very much that we will have snow again this year, but you NEVER know! I really, REALLY don't like driving in the snow so I've waited as long as possible before I think I can safely take them off. I finally called yesterday to make an appointment to get them off :)

This week has just been so nice and sunny and warm! We are all loving it so much, other than Isaiah who now has to work long hours since the snow has finally melted. At 10 a.m this morning he starts overtime, which means he'll clock in about 18-20 hours of overtimet his week!! He's already exhausted. Oh well, this is what summer is all about for him. He gets a "break" all winter at only 40 hrs per week. Speaking of jobs...I have to go out and get one and I'm NOT looking forward to it. I'm actually quite depressed about it. My father's business can no longer afford to pay me so now I have to go out, after 6 yrs of being home, and get a J.O.B. YUCK!!! I'm so scared that my kids are going to suffer from me getting a job, and I hate the thought of that! We must do what we must do though, right? And I MUST work. Not for "extras" or "fun things" but for survival. We have decided that it is best for me (and the kids) for me to work nights waitressing. I already waitress at a local Italian Restaurant, Giuseppe's Pizzeria, so I'm pretty used to working nights I guess. It's good money! So, I've got three shifts there this summer but that's not enough to half-support a family of 5. They can't give me any more shifts, so this weekend I have to go out and put in applications at other restaurants. There are no shortage of them here though, so that's a plus. That way, Hailey can still do her day camp thing she loves in Moultonboro and I'll be somewhat around to bring Dylan and Sam to their jobs too(Times like these, I wish we lived a little closer to town so they could walk or bike).

Other than the whole "I don't want to work" thing, it's been really nice here lately. Hailey has basically been living on her bike and comes inside every day covered in dirt and ticks (which,by the way, are very bad this year!). It's quite a scene here every night when she comes in and I find at least one tick on her. She has a genuine phobia of spiders, and ticks look a lot like spiders only they "eat" you (Hailey's words). She literally almost throws up she gets so scared when they are on her...poor kid :( We have been walking every day this week which is really good for me. I'm am NOT getting into a bathing suit yet! Today we are taking a walk with my close friend and her 4 yr old to go get the kids some icecream for the first time this year. It's going to be hard to pass on the ice cream...but I MUST. The twins have been doing their own thing this whole vacation. Sammy hasn't been home much, she's been in here and there to get some clothes, but just goes right back out to spend the night at one of her friends houses again. Dylan was sick the first half of the week, but now he's feeling better so he's been given the project of raking the yard today ;) Boys don't hang out with their friends as much as girls do I've realized. I had my neice, who just turned 6, over for the last three days/two nights so needless to say, Hailey is exhausted as well. We went swimming yesterday at a local indoor pool and we stayed for three hours...and they swam the entire time! Then, tomorrow, Hailey has riding again. We had to switch to Fridays because I was having a hard time figuring out how to pick up and drop off the other kids for tennis on Wednesdays. Last week, Hailey was able to finally ride for the first time ever, NOT wearing a winter jacket. YAY! She started riding in October last year, so she's never been able to ride without one.


Well, that's how our vacation week has been going. Mostly all fun stuff! The next time the kids will all be home for vacation it will be summer!!!! I can't wait!

No comments: