Monday, April 14, 2008

Here's a funny story for you...

...although I'm actually pretty embarassed by it! Sometimes I can be such an airhead :)

So, I usually work on Sunday nights at a local restaurant. My husband has a truck (seats two) and then I have my car (seats 6). I take my car to work on sundays and he's left home with just the truck. It's not really a big deal because he doesn't usually go anywhere and if he does, he just takes Hailey. I refuse to drive the truck, it's a beast!!! Yesterday though, we had to go to my father-in-laws 60th birthday party which was at 2 pm. I was going to have to leave early to go to work but that posed a problem because then my husband couldn't get home with the kids. Anyhow, we borrowed his grandmother's car for the afternoon so he could get home after the party was over.

I came home from work last night (around 11:30) and I saw his grandmother's car in our driveway...obviously for some reason it didn't register...maybe because it was a long weekend and I was dog-tired after running around the restaurant for 7 hours?! I went to bed, and Isaiah was already sleeping.Fast forward to this morning. I always wake up after he has gone off to work. I'm not one of those "good" wives and wakes up with my husband and makes his coffee and lunch. Usually, all of the kids are up by the time I'm up too. So, I stumble out of bed, being SOOO tired from a late night at work and I look out into the driveway and see Isaiah's truck still there. My first reaction was "Why didn't he go to work today?". My second reaction was, "well, if he didn't go to work, where the heck is he?". He wasn't in the kitchen, nor the living room or the bathroom. Then, for some crazy reason I though that maybe he had fallen down outside and was hurt...or that he fell asleep in his truck before pulling out of the driveway (Ok, I know, that last thought is a little crazy, but apprently that's the way I process things after just waking up from only 6ish hours of sleep and no coffee). I actually opened the front door to look and see if he had fallen down the steps! Nope, he wasn't there. Ok, I'm beginning to get a little more worried now. Where in the world is he?! I come back inside, and I start looking in EVERY room of the house. I go downstairs and check in the family room, the computer room, the storage room....meanwhile my kids are all watching me do this and not asking what the heck is going on! Geeze! At that point I must have fully awakened or whatever and as I turned around and started walking back up the stairs to go call his cell phone, did I realize what an idiot I was. DUH...he took his grandmother's car to work!!! Wow, I'm pretty bright huh?

2 comments:

Lizette said...

Tee hee hee. Funny story. I guess I laughed more because I can totally relate ! Been there !

Kristin said...

Ha ha ha! Sounds like something I would do!