Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I've lost it!

Everything that was on my computer, anyway :) Somehow (ok, well I have a sneaking suspition how...uh um YouTube) we got a virus in our computer. And, of course, I hadn't renewed my virus protection last week when it expired. Just my luck! I tried all day yesterday to get rid of it. At one point I did, but it came back...or I hadn't "really" gotten rid of it probably. Eventually it wouldn't do anything. I wouldn't even load. So, instead of taking it in somewhere and paying $500 to fix it I just restored the whole thing. :( That means, I lost EVERYTHING. All my pictures, files, music, programs....everything! Yes, I cried. Mostly because of the pictures I lost. If I was smart, I would have saved my photos beforehand. Hindsight is 20/20, right?

On the bright side, I have a REALLY fast computer now :). And updated virus protection!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness. I would have cried too...in fact, I'm practically crying for you! I think the only thing I would be really sad about is the music/videos. Every 6 months I burn all my pictures onto dvd...but I would cry if I even lost a months worth of pics.

This can be used as a reminder to the rest of us to get our files backed up now!!